Today I will be reviewing the top 14 best apps like Dave, a popular pay advance application, founded in Los Angeles in 2017 which has gained widespread recognition for its interest free overdraft protection. The loan app helps millions of customers access quick and urgent payday advances to settle immediate and unplanned cash emergencies before their next paycheck.
Dave app also offers a checking account to people who might have trouble getting (or do not want to use) traditional bank accounts. Apps like Dave have similar functionalities and are getting more and more popular in helping millions of Americans provide a lifeline in times of cash emergencies.
What is Dave App?
Dave app is a banking and financial budgetting cash advance application for accessing fast but small cash advances up to $500 with no interest, fees or credit checks. The Dave application protects customers from on top the roof interest charges from costly payday loan alternatives and offers $50 to $100 for users to help prevent their bank accounts from over-drafting while they are waiting for their next paycheck.
Just imagine waking up thinking it’s going to be just another day, but then your car breaks down. Your electricity bill arrives and it’s much higher than it usually is. You fall ill unexpectedly. An old friend comes into town and you have to go have a fun night out with them. You don’t have enough money to cover what you need and payday is still far away. This is where Dave comes in. Dave helps you get through financial emergencies without throwing you under a pile of debt by providing interest-free cash advances.
Dave App has gained attention for its innovative ExtraCash™ feature, revolutionizing short-term loans by offering users access to up to $500 with the added benefit of no mandatory fees. While there is an option to leave a gratuity as a token of appreciation, the absence of obligatory charges sets Dave apart.
Beyond its ExtraCash offering, Dave extends a comprehensive banking service that aims to empower its users financially. One standout feature is the absence of overdraft fees, providing users with peace of mind when managing their finances. Unlike traditional banks, Dave imposes no minimum balance requirement, fostering financial inclusivity and catering to individuals across different economic backgrounds.
Best 14 Loan Apps Like Dave For Small Cash Advances 2023
The best apps like Dave for instant cash advances before payday and to help you avoid costly payday loan alternative are Earnin, Brigit, Empower, MoneyLion, Even, DailyPay and Chime app. These online lending applications are unique for granting customers access to flexible payday advances without credit check, interest or overdraft fees.
1. Chime App
Chime is one of the best instant cash advance apps like Dave that can help you pull through in 2023 before you receive your next paycheck. The lending app works exactly like Dave and it has pegged the maximum amount you can request as $200 but you have to start building your account to qualify. If you’re in urgent need of a little cash, Chime can lend you up to $100 before your paycheck arrives. With Chime’s Spot Me feature, you can overdraw up to $200 on your account depending on your repayment history.
While Dave charges you a monthly subscription fee of $1 to maintain your account and Express fees between $1.99 and $5.99 for quick processing of your cash advance, Chime is completely free to use. It charges zero maintenance fees, transaction fees, minimum balance fees, or hidden fees.
2. Earnin App
Within 1-2 business days or even less depending on which option you opt for, you can get a quick payday advance with Earnin which is equally one of the many popular apps like Dave. With Earnin, you can make any day payday by taking an advance on your pending earnings. The platform lets you borrow between $100 to $500 a day from your outstanding paycheck without having to deal with the excessive fees and interests of the usual payday loans.
3. Brigit App
Brigit is one of the most reliable apps like Dave that you can use to pull through until your next paycheck. With Brigit Plus, you get a cash advance within 20 minutes whilst the standard accounts get it within 1 to 2 business days. To be able to request up to $250, you need to uograde to the $9.99 per month plus plan. It’s definitely one of the top instant cash advance apps like Dave you can get.
While Dave only gives you a maximum cash advance of $200 if you have a Dave spending account and $100 without one, Brigit offers up to $250. On top of that, Brigit allows you to extend the due date on your first loan once without incurring a penalty or late fee.
4. Empower App
The process with Empower is simple. You can withdraw from $25 to $250 and you pay automatically when you receive your next paycheck. This is why Empower is one of the best money apps like Dave. If you therefore want a quick cash advance but don’t want to deal with interest rates or late fees, you should consider using Empower to receive up to $250 whenever you need a cash injection to take care of those bills and expenses.
When you apply for a loan on the platform the money will be disbursed to your Empower checking account free of charge or to an external bank account for a flat fee of $3. You can even get access to your paycheck two days earlier thanks to Empower’s Early Paycheck Deposit feature.
5. MoneyLion App
MoneyLion is one of the best instant cash advance apps like Dave that can give you up to $250 after you create a MoneyLion account. You can use MoneyLion to get cash advances whenever you have unplanned expenses that need sorting out. The service grants you instant loans of up to $250 per pay cycle depending on how much income you regularly earn and deposit into your checking account.
The process for getting a cash advance on MoneyLion is much faster than Dave by a few days. You can even receive the disbursement instantly or within a few hours if you have a RoarMoney account.
6. Even App
Even cash advance app works exactly like Dave for emergency payday loans. Whether you need to fill your gas tank, pay a bill, treat yourself to a good time, or buy groceries, Even is there to help you deal with life’s surprises by giving you access to cash within minutes. The service puts its own unique spin on cash loans by advancing money from your unpaid wages.
To be eligible to borrow money from Even, you need to work for a qualifying employer. Even will then furnish you with an advance of up to 50% from your paycheck depending on your salary history. Just like Dave, Even does not collect interest rates or taxes when you take a cash advance from the service. However, like its counterpart, Even requires a monthly subscription fee to enable you to cash out from the platform.
7. PayActiv App
One of the most attractive features of PayActiv is the fact that you can use the cash advance service during federal holidays and weekends in the US. PayActiv is designed to help employers provide their employees with early access to their paychecks.
However, you are still eligible to use the service even though your employers don’t have an account with PayActiv. In this instance, you’ll have to apply for a PayActiv card to be able to receive a pay advance from your wages up to two days ahead of the due date. Once you register on PayActiv, you’ll be able to view the number of hours you’ve worked and your current earnings from the app. Like Dave, PayActive doesn’t charge interests on cash advances, the amount withdrawn is simply deducted from your next paycheck.
8. Branch App
Branch is one of the best business apps like Dave helping businesses accelerate payments and empower working Americans. It also allows employees of participating companies to access part of their wages now and deducted at the end of the month..
Branch is particularly useful for employers who have lots of underbanked or unbanked employees. It provides them with a free digital account and debit card for transactions. Branch lets you withdraw up to $500 in advance per pay cycle of $150 per day based on how many hours of work you do and wages you earn. However, the catch is that your employer also has to set up an account on Branch.
9. DailyPay App
If you’re looking for the best apps like Dave to help you solve urgent financial needs when you’re low on cash without attracting hefty overdraft fees on your account, DailyPay is one of the best options to consider.
With DailyPay, you can get an advance on your earnings before your next payday and save over $1,205 in overdraft fees, loan interest, and late fees. Whenever you clock in for a shift, your earnings for the day will be added to your DailyPay account. You can transfer the earned amount to your bank account any time you want and DailyPay will deduct the advances from your salary when payday comes around.
10. Varo App
With Varo, one of the most reputable apps like Dave, you can access up to $100 and you pay a fee depending on your advance. All of the advances must be paid within 30 days. Once you set up a direct deposit on your Varo account, you’ll be entitled to withdraw any amount you want from your earned wages ahead of time. The pay advances you receive from Varo are interest-free, just like the advances that Dave offers. You won’t even have to pay transfer fees, foreign transaction fees, or keep a minimum balance.
11. Axos Bank
Axox Bank is one of the top financial service apps like Dave, offering users quicker access to their paychecks. When you open a high-yield savings and checking account with Axos Bank, you automatically qualify for the Direct Deposit Express feature.
This gives you access to an advance on the money you’ve already earned days before the actual check lands in your account. To activate this feature, you simply have to set up a direct deposit for your account and Axos will take it from there.
Compared to its counterpart, Dave, Axos Bank does not charge you a monthly service fee. It doesn’t demand overdraft fees or require you to have a minimum balance to keep your account operative either. The bank is our 11th pick for cash advance apps like Dave for fast and emergency instant cash.
12. Ingo Money
Ingo Money is yet another reputable instant cash advance app like dave, offering variety of features, including instant access to personal checks, cash paychecks, and business checks. It outruns Dave in terms of speed. Ingo Money facilitates money transfers in a matter of minutes. Users do not have to queue until the next business day to obtain their loan.
Ingo Money can be used as a pay advance app, it can also be used to pay outstanding bills, transfer money to different accounts, and purchase Amazon gift cards. Additionally, this app lets users participate in the referral program. If your mates, family, or coworkers download this app using your referral code, you will earn extra points, improve your chances of acquiring Amazon gift cards without having to spend any real cash.
13. LenMe App
If you need instant money apps like Dave, LenMe is another good option in the way it helps users to borrow from various financial institutions. It connects users with different categories of lending platforms, private investors, and companies that are eager to lend you money via its iOS or Android app. As just a peer-to-peer payment network, you can borrow or lend money digitally in less than a few minutes.
14. SoFi Money
Another very popular cash advance app like Dave is SoFi Money which is known for giving quick and early access to your paycheck before the direct deposit is scheduled to arrive in your account. Like Dave, this app does not charge overdraft fees or minimum balance fees. It even offers free coverage for accidental overdrafts of up to $50 so you don’t get hit with a penalty.
However, unlike Dave, SoFi Money has zero monthly charges. If you have a SoFi Money card, you get to enjoy access to over 55,000 ATMs across the country without having to pay transaction fees.
One unique benefit of using SoFi Money is that you get to earn 0.25% annual percentage yield (APY)—about six times the national average— on your savings. All you have to do to qualify for this rate is direct deposit at least $500 into your SoFi Money account monthly.
How does Dave app works?
The Dave app assesses your financial stability. It requires users to have a steady job with a consistent income stream, often in the form of regular direct deposits into their checking accounts. Dave’s algorithm also considers how quickly you typically spend your paycheck after receiving it, ensuring that the cash advances are manageable for your financial situation.
If you meet the requirements and qualify for an advance, Dave provides two options for repayment. The first is an automatic deduction from your next direct deposit paycheck, simplifying the process. Alternatively, you can proactively repay the app at an earlier date to settle the advance.
What are the eligibility requirements for Dave app cash advances?
Dave has a mission to provide financial assistance to a wide range of individuals, including those who rely on each paycheck to make ends meet. Unlike many traditional lending institutions, Dave offers more flexibility when it comes to eligibility requirements.
To qualify for an ExtraCash advance from Dave app, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Have at least three recurring bank account deposits.
- Receive monthly deposits totaling at least $1,000.
- Maintain a minimum bank account history of 60 days.
- Pass identity verification and fraud detection checks.
- Possess a valid Social Security number.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Reside in the United States.
- Returning users may also have their advance amount influenced by their repayment history.
Is Dave App legit?
Dave, a Los Angeles-based company, has been offering cash advances since its establishment in 2017, providing users with a valuable financial resource. With a stellar reputation, Dave has earned the trust of countless users, as reflected in its impressive ratings. On Google Play, the app boasts a rating of 4.4 stars from over 450,000 reviews, while on the Apple App Store, it enjoys an impressive 4.8-star rating from more than 600,000 reviews. These ratings underscore Dave’s legitimacy and the positive experiences of its users.
Dave App Features
Dave offers more than just cash advances. They provide users with a comprehensive suite of financial services, including:
1. Checking Account: Dave’s Spending account is a standard checking account that boasts no minimum balance requirements and no fees for ATM usage, late payments, or overdrafts. This account is designed to empower users with greater control over their finances.
2. Goals Account: With Dave’s Goals account, users can establish a savings plan for various financial objectives, such as vacations or emergency funds. While this feature is undoubtedly beneficial, it’s important to consider interest-bearing savings accounts at traditional banks for more robust savings growth.
3. Side Hustle Feature: The app’s Side Hustle feature helps users discover additional income opportunities by finding and applying for side jobs directly within the app. This feature can be a valuable resource for users seeking ways to boost their earnings.
Dave App Product Details
Up to $500.
Withdrawn from your bank account on the date Dave determines to be your next payday.
Time to fund without express fee
2 to 3 business days.
Time to fund with express fee
Up to an hour.
How to get a loan from Dave App
Getting an ExtraCash advance from Dave is a straightforward process, broken down into the following steps:
- Create a profile in the Dave app.
- Link an external checking account.
- Open a Dave checking account and an ExtraCash account, the source of your advance.
- Request an advance and discover your approved amount.
- Upon approval, the approved amount is transferred from your ExtraCash account, creating a negative balance, to your checking account. This balance remains negative until the advance is repaid.
- Optionally, you can add a tip or fast funding fee, the amount of which depends on your advance size.
- On your repayment date, Dave withdraws the necessary funds from the checking account where your paychecks are deposited, bringing the balance back to $0.
Dave app login
Here are the steps on how to login to the Dave App:
- Download and Install the App: Start by downloading the Dave App from your device’s app store, whether it’s the Google Play Store for Android or the Apple App Store for iOS.
- Open the App: Once the app is installed, tap on its icon to open it.
- Create an Account: If you’re a new user, you’ll need to create an account. This typically involves providing your email address, creating a password, and verifying your identity. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete this step.
- Log In: If you’ve already created an account, you can simply log in. Tap on the “Log In” or “Sign In” option, and enter your registered email address and password.
- Authentication: Depending on your security settings, you may be required to go through additional authentication steps, such as providing a verification code sent to your email or phone number.
- Access Your Account: Once successfully authenticated, you’ll have access to your Dave App account. Here, you can manage your finances, check your balance, request cash advances, and explore various financial features the app offers.
Remember to keep your login credentials secure and avoid sharing them with anyone to protect your account.
Pros and cons of Dave app
Here are some pros and cons of the Dave app that will give you a full insight on what the app offers:
- Dave’s interest-free loan feature is a convenient solution for individuals who frequently experience small expenses that push their checking accounts into negative balances, saving them from non-sufficient funds (NSF) or overdraft fees.
- The option to boost your credit score by making rent and utility payments through CreditPop adds significant value to the app’s offerings.
- Dave’s monthly fee of $1 is competitive with the pricing of other cash advance apps, making it an affordable choice for users.
- The rigidity of Dave’s cash advance feature, with an unchangeable payback date and a maximum advance limit of $75 for standard accounts, may be frustrating for some users seeking more flexibility.
- Qualifying for the short-term, interest-free loan can be challenging, particularly for individuals with irregular income streams, such as freelancers, who don’t receive regular paychecks.
- The three-day processing time for free cash advances might pose a problem for users at immediate risk of overdrafting, as they seek to avoid additional fees.
- Dave’s Banking cash management account offers no Annual Percentage Yield (APY) and comes with a low monthly fee, whereas many free checking accounts available on our site provide decent APY rates.
Does Dave app contact your employer?
Dave’s and many apps like Dave have a unique selling point: They learn your spending habits. That sounds a bit invasive, but the information it learns is used to help you keep better track of your money. It does this by letting you know if your account gets below a certain amount and if you have an automatic payment coming up but don’t currently have enough in your account to cover it. Apps like Dave help to protect customers from expensive payday loan which come with high interest and overdraft charges.