Student Loan Forgiveness Application: How to get your loan written off
If you are one of the millions of students who have chosen to take out student loans to pay for their education, this information is of interest to you.
Some changes in U.S. legislation now represent opportunities for support that will benefit many of those students who maintain a debt because they have taken out student loans.
Thanks to new legislation, student loans are being written off after meeting certain qualifying criteria. This program is called Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) and we’ll outline exactly what this is and how to apply for it here.
What form do you fill out for student loan forgiveness?
The form to fill out it titled the ‘Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) & Temporary Expanded PSLF (TEPSLF) Certification & Application (PSLF Form)’ and it can be downloaded here on the US government’s website.
There are various different sections to fill out, while each person sending this form off must agree to the following conditions:
- To qualify for forgiveness, I must have made 120 qualifying payments on my Direct Loans while employed full-time by a qualifying employer. Neither the 120 qualifying payments nor employment have to be consecutive.
- To qualify for forgiveness, I must be employed full-time by a qualifying employer when I apply for and get forgiveness.
- By submitting this form, my student loans held by the Department may be transferred to FedLoan Servicing.
- If the Department determines that I appear to be eligible for forgiveness, the Department may contact my employer before granting forgiveness to ensure that I continue to work for the employer.
- If I am eligible for forgiveness, the amount forgiven will be the principal and interest that was due on my eligible Direct Loans when I made my final qualifying payment. Any amount that I pay on those loans after I have made my final qualifying payment will be treated as an overpayment. I must continue to make payments on any of my other loans.
- If I am not eligible for forgiveness, I will be notified of the determination, why it was made, and how many qualifying payments I have made towards PSLF and TEPSLF.
The key part here is that you can have your student loan written off once you make 120 qualifying monthly payments. In other words, you must have been paying off your loan for 10 years. It’s also necessary to be working for a qualifying employer at the time you hit this target and then submit the form.
There is also a fax number you can use, which is detailed on the form itself.
JOIN THE QLA BUSINESS CLUB. SAVE, INVEST, BORROW MONEY WITH EASE.
1. Quick Loan Arena offers a social support initiative for members of its QLA Business Club.. The Club is to help members save and invest and earn monthly interest on their savings. It’s also for members to borrow soft loans at a very low interest rate for short term projects.
2. QLA Business Club will assist members raise pay day loans or soft loans for tenure up to one month.
3. You must be a member of QLA Business Club to be qualified to save, invest, earn interest or collect a loan or participate in the group activities.
4. To become a member of QLA Business Club, you must register with a membership fees of N5,000. After filling out our registration form.
5. QLA Business Club Members are expected to make voluntary weekly or monthly or fixed sum contributions which will earn 2% interest every month.
6. Loan amounts are N5k, N10k, N15K, N20k and N50k for tenure up to 30 days.
7. Members are free to invite other people to become members and shall be eligible to 25% of their registration fees as commission.
8. QLA Business Club loans are subject to a guarantee of 100% coverage of your loan amount partly in form of your savings and partly in form of 1 or 2 guarantors’ contributions who must be members of the club.
9. Loan disbursement commenced Tuesday 29th December, 2021 for members.
10. All members of QLA Business Club are hosted on a special forum where discussions and strategies are held regularly.
You can speak with any of our Loan Consultants for more information! Call or Whatsapp our business telephone (0) 915 382 1578.
Sign up and Join the Club.